Klugt strives for production that is socially responsible and meets all current requirements.
We also try to respond to new aspects in this area. With this we hope to optimally fulfill the wishes of both the market and our customers.
MPS is a quality mark in the flower and plant trade and indicates how environmentally friendly the cultivation is. Environment Program Floriculture looks at various aspects of cultivation such as crop protection agents, energy and waste. We are in possession of the MPS-A+ certificate, which is the highest and strictest level within the MPS certification.
MPS-GAP focuses on the traceability, safety and hygiene of products. Within the floriculture sector, this certification is especially relevant for supermarkets and other retailers. The certification scheme is based on the well-known GlobalGAP certificate of supermarket organizations in Europe.
A sustainable production process is essential to meeting the demand of the market. Klugt is therefore committed 100% to meet all requirements within this area. Below is an overview of how we currently sustain our production and in the near future.
• All used water is recycled at our locations. In order to be able to reuse the water it is purified and disinfected via UV filters. This allows us to recycle water without any risk.
• By using a heat-power coupler (CHP), we generate electricity ourselves. The heat released is used during the cultivation process of the plants.
• We meet the highest certifications within the MPS system. This means that we are continuously focused on sustaining the production process.
• Corporate social responsibility is an important aspect of our organization. Klugt strives to maintain a responsible place in society, with an eye for fellow human beings.
• Warmte bedrijf Bergschenhoek voorziet onze locatie in bleiswijk van aardwarmte.